Procedure for Processing of Change of Program (Shifting)

Online Procedures
  1. Signifying Intention to Shift. The student signifies intention to change program by sending an email (with the following format below) to the Records-in-Charge (RIC) assigned to the college offering the program where he/she intends to shift:
1.1. Example:Current Course: BSITNew Course:  BSBioThe subject heading should be in the following format: “ SHIFTING TO ”.  In this example, the subject heading must be:  “BSIT SHIFTING TO BSBIO”The email must be sent to the RIC of the College of Science, which offers the BS in Biology program.1.2. The email address of the RICs are found on this webpage:
  1. Initial Processing. After receiving the email, the concerned RIC shall review the enrollment record in the program where the student intends to shift. If slots are available, the RIC shall evaluate the academic records of the student.  The RIC sends to the department/college the updated checklist and admission slip of the prospective shifters who can still finish the program within the maximum residence period.
  1. The department/college informs the RIC who among the prospective shifters will be accepted.
  1. Final Processing. The RIC sends the Application for Change of Program (ACA.OAD.YYY.F.012) to students to be accepted by the department/college.
  1. The student prints then signs the form.
  1. The student proceeds to CLSU for the signing of the form by the concerned college registrars, department heads, and deans.
  1. The student submits the signed form to the RIC of his/her new course.
  1. The shifter shall be given the Preliminary Registration and Trial Form (PRTF). The student shall consult his/her registration adviser about the subjects he/she can take.  The registration adviser shall sign the PRTF.
  1. The shifter shall submit the signed PRTF to the OAd for encoding.